Become an Art Patron
Don’t be scared and think that commissioning a piece of art is reserved for the affluent and snobby pricks.
I’d be happy to work with something specific you weren’t able to find (as long as it doesn’t infringe on someone else’s copyright).
The process of working with me is straight forward.
How it Works
Whether you’re looking for a portrait of your pet or human, let me know what the subject matter will be and provide a high-resolution and crisp image of it so I may analyze the details to deliver the clearest piece your way.
Once we’ve agreed on the subject matter, I’ll need your input on the style of art that you want for the piece. Are you looking for a realistic replica of the image provided, something much more abstract, or a compromise in between?
Feel free to reference a previous piece of my work you’ve seen online or another style you’ve seen in the wild.
Be aware that it isn’t my intent to copy 100% another artist’s work, but find inspiration in their style to fulfill your wishes.
Finally, I’ll write up a simple contract that summarizes the subject matter, medium, materials, estimate, and deadlines.
Your job is to review the contract, sign it if you agree to the terms, and deposit 50% of the final figure so we may set milestones for you to review the work as it’s coming along and final approval before we set it for production (for digital commissions) or finalize composition and colors (for hand-painted art).
PIXELS or Pigments?
- I work with a 3rd party vendor to provide the raw materials (canvas, spine backing, printing, etc…). I work digitally at an extremely high resolution to print on stretched canvas up to 24 inches by 36 inches.
- After your canvas is delivered, you will also get a certificate of authenticity and full rights to your work.
- The only caveat is that I’m allowed to use the artwork for marketing purposes but no full-sized canvas print will EVER be replicated. Yours is one-of-a-kind.
- CANVAS DETAILS
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil thick canvas, 470 g/m²
- Mounting brackets included
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant – canvas (OBA-Free)
- 1.5″ deep
- Hand-painted commissions have that extra special touch of personalization that hasn’t yet been fulfilled by digital renditions, at least not yet.
- Depending on the quality and size of the raw materials, we’ll finalize the quote when I’m able to assess the full scope of the work.
- Minimum working canvas size is 24 inches by 36 inches.
What digital print sizes can you offer?
Currently, the available sizes (in inches) from my vendor are 12×12, 12×16, 16×16, 16×20, 18×24, and 24×36.
What manual canvas sizes can you offer?
I’m building great relationships with art & resources vendors from the East coast, Mid-Atlantic region and am much more flexible on canvases for hand-painted commissions, but the minimum size requirement is 24×36 (in inches).
Can you do multiple-piece series?
I’d be happy to work on multiple piece series. They’re especially great for designing interior spaces to complement each piece against its environment.
There are also economies of scale discounts on multiple pieces in one order.
What guarantees do you offer?
I want you to be completely satisfied with your commission, but due to the nature of custom work, more often it cannot be re-sold elsewhere if you’re unhappy with the content itself.
It’s why I can’t stress enough that you approve of the preliminary work before it gets fulfilled for production.
However, if you’re totally unsatisfied, please return the painting undamaged, and only pay for shipping to get refunded within 30 days of receipt.
What's Your Turnaround time?
It all depends on my monthly workload at any given time.
However, typical turnaround time from the moment we sign a contract with your deposit to the moment your painting arrives, it shouldn’t take longer than 15 business days.